Sunday, September 6, 2009

Happy Anniversary!!

Today is Sarah's and my anniversary! We've been married 34 wonderful years. I can't begin to tell you how our love has grown over those years. I guess we really are soul mates.

I've looked at other couples that we've known over the years and watched how their love has withered and died. I wonder, what did they do wrong and what did we do right? It really isn't hard to keep love alive. I guess the main thing is to not to be selfish and not to take your partner for granted.

I look at my one brother. From what I heard, he and his wife argued a lot. They had their share of fights and problems. Recently, she suffered from a stroke and is now in an assisted living facility. He's going through hell, of course as would I if it happened to me. What I'm trying to get at, is when he looks back at the times with his wife, does he have any regrets about the fights that he had?

I am thankful every day that in all that years that we've been married, I can count on one hand the number of arguments that Sarah and I have had. I know that I feel more complete when she is with me and even if we are not doing something together, there is still this wonderful connection that exists between us and is almost tangible.

So we're going to celebrate this afternoon. I think we'll go to The Olive Garden for lunch. We've done that a few times before and it was always fun. I'll update this evening after we come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment